Tuesday 17 September 2013

Wonderful city of London

When I first came to London it showed up to be a really international city. It was not easy to find the way to my hostel even if I had a map. Orientation is quite difficult. Road ceisscross in each direction and there are so bizarre streets crossing patterns in the center that you do not need much time to get lost. One of such places is Picaddilly Circus.

So first time, when I came to London, I directed to Hyde Park cause just a few minutes from there was my hostel. It was very nice. All hostels in London are nice, at least this is what I can say from my little experience I have. This was Aston Hyde Park or something similiar. Aston seems to be a hostel network in London. I think you can trust them.



Unfortunately, every time I visit London it shows up this is autumn or winter. So every time I go there whether is quite ugly despite that it happens that sun will show up sometimes.

I prefer walking in London, like I preer walking in every city if only I want to get it know as much as possibl during a few days visit. Walking let you see faces, streets, let you here people listening. Of course, you can go to the Tube or bus or taxi. But people in mass transport talk less. That is the fact.

When it comes to tube it is really huge. But you do need a map. Everything is well described. When you first time go out in some station you may be suprised how long it take to get to the surface. Sometimes you are so deep that there are even no stairs (only in case of emergency) and the only way to get to the surface is to use a lift. Traveling by London Tube is great fun and it is really worth spending some time doing it. Tickets are quite expensive so the best option is to buy some long term ones like 1-day or 3-day passes.

Of sourse I have some favourite places in London. One of them is Hyde Park. Quite nice place to hang around, to walk or seat watching people walking or running. I have some favourite hotels in London but of course it will take time when I will be able to stay there. Currantly I can afford only hotels and only those cheapest. I like Trafalqar Square, such a nice place where many people meet and talk. And close to the Traflagar Square is my top 1 place in London which is National Art Gallery. It is completely free and there you can spend hours watching some the best pictures created by human. I like walking by the Tames and it is really worth taking one of the boat to go somewhere. I used it when I was coming back from Greenwich. Actually then I got stuck in traffic jam, I went out the bus thinking it must be easy way to get to the center. But then I was brutally taught that London is not just a city, it is mega-city. I walked many hours before I got to the Tower Bridge and then I needed also a boat to get to the Center.





I could spend hours talking about London but for now I will finish. I invite you to see some popular hotels in London, where you can compare prices and see where to stay.
See you later!


No comments:

Post a Comment