Tuesday 17 September 2013

Paris, the old heart of Europe

In last post I wrote something about London. Certainly I know London much better than Paris, which I saw only two times during one way trip. Certainly, Paris is one of the most important cities of Europe. I personally think that it is no more such important like it used to be in XIX century. As we all know then all the world used to speak French, now it has all changed. Everybody speaks English. Sure, French is still so important but geographically the powers of the current world have switched towards Asia and North America. Sad for the French but true.

I am sure there is lots of places to stay in Paris. However, I did not havy any oportunity to visit any of the popular Paris hotels, but I think, when I go I would choose one of the cheapest hotels in Paris.

Paris itself is so lovely that many without any doubt could spend there their whole life. So could I. there is something magical in this city. When I first came to see the Eiffel Tower I just could not believe. It is so emblematic, so symbolic, every child knows it. It is just a pill of metal but who cares. When you first time go there and look at it it is just amazing.
Eifel Tower
I did not get to the top. Certainly, the view is stunning, however seeing the tremendous que queue caused me loosing all my enthusiasm. And also you can walk by foot but quess there is still queue. And you can imagine those people are not so fit as you are, so you jut get stuck and wait instead of making steps up.

The second place worth visiting is Montmartre. The countryside is inhabited by immigrants, so when you reach Montmartre by metro people are getting more and more black with every metro station towards your destination. It is very romantic and the church on the top is one of the most interesting you can ever see.
Montamrtre
When we talk about churches, I also liked Notre Dame.

Notre Dame Cathedral
There are of course other places which I am yet to know. But the last I saw and I want to mention is Napoleon Bonaparte tomb which bring to your mind all the glory from just 200 years ago when his army spead from Gibraltar to Moscow. You enter, you see the tomb and you are just overwhelmed by the history. Certainly must see in Paris.

If you want to visit Paris, do not hesitate. And remember to check some of the best Paris hotels.

1 comment: